Afyon Archaeological Museum
In the first years of the Republic of Afyon, which was established in Afyon with the efforts of the Association of Atika Muhipleri stone artifacts began to gather in the Madrasa, the official ika Museum Depot At in 1931, 1933 was turned into the Museum Directorate. From 1933 to 1970, it served as a mixed museum (Archeology and Ethnography) at the Stone Madrasa, and in 1971 at the junction of Konya Road, the Archaeological Museum building was moved to the new building. About 40 mounds in the region, artifacts collected from about 20 ancient cities and excavations of the Chalcolithic, Old Bronze, Hittite, Phrygian, Hellenistic, Roman and Byzantine periods, together with the works of approximately 44,383 are exhibited in chronological order. Opened in 1933, the museum moved to its current modern building in 1971. Roman and Byzantine Empires, Hittite, Phrygian and Hellenistic period as well as works belonging to the paleolithic circuit is present in the works. There is also a rich sculpture and architectural work inventory in the garden of the museum. It is located in the city center, on the road to Konya, on Kurtuluş Avenue. Afyon Archaeological Museum is open to visitors between the hours of 8.30-12.00 and 13.00-17.30, except Monday. Photographs within the museum are forbidden and the garden is free.
Zafer Museum (Commander-in-Chief, Directorate of National Park)
The Victory Museum is located in the city center of Afyon, in a carefully selected position opposite the Victory Monument and the Afyon Castle. It was built by Saitoğlu Mehmet Sait Efendi between 1915-1920 and it has two floors. Typical Anatolian houses have a plan in style. On the ground floor there are 10 rooms, 1 meeting room and stage; on the top floor there are 9 rooms and an exhibition hall. The building was used as Afyon City Hall until the 1930s and after the completion of the new city hall, it was allocated to the Police Department. In 1985, the Directorate of National Estate was assigned to the 86 Victory Museum bin and the Head Office was assigned to the Directorate of the National Directorate of History and the directorate was transferred to this building in 1992 by taking the building on 11.09.1986. In the museum, information is given about the Commander-in-Chief and the Commander-in-Chief Mustafa Kemal Pasha, the Western Front Commander İsmet İnönü, the Chief of the General Staff Fevzi Çakmak and the Tevfik Bıyıkoğlu, the Chief of Operations of the Western Front. The importance of this historic building, belonging to the period of the War of Independence and the liberation of Afyon from enemy occupation on August 27, 1922, Commander in Chief Mustafa Kemal Pasha, Garp Front Commander Ismet Inonu, Chief of Staff Fevzi Cakmak and Garp Front Acting Branch Manager This is due to the fact that Tevfik Bıyıklıoğlu stayed in this historical building and used it as headquarters. The Victory Museum can be visited during the week hours.
AFYON GAZLIGÖL Places to Visit
Lake Emre, Afyonkarahisar province within the boundaries of the natural way is the smallest area of the lake. The surface area is 5 km². İhsaniye district, between the village of Döğer and Bayramaliler, the lake is also in the Phrygian Valley. Depending on the precipitation periods, the area narrows and expands. Depth exceeds 3 m in some places. The water is sweet. After leaving Eskişehir and traveling to Yazılıkaya, Han City, Phrygian Valley, we wanted to see Emre Lake which is within the borders of Afyon province before stopping at Kervansaray in Döğer town. One of the must-see places in the Phrygian Valley, Lake Emre is a popular destination for freshwater fish hunters. Since the grassy area of most of the lake has a grassy habitat, it provides suitable living conditions for the fish and it allows the fish to be sheltered and fed. This situation has caused the Emre Lake to become an appropriate hunt for amateur hunters. Yunus Emre Tekkesi (Emre Sultan Tekkesi) located at the Emre Lake Region was registered as a cultural asset (religious monument) to be protected with the decision taken by the Konya Regional Council for the Protection of Cultural and Natural Property. In this area there is a shrine and tomb. Yunus Emre Tekke is located near the Phrygian Rock Monuments. However, even though it is under protection, the construction of the lake and the ruins in the vicinity of the masonry construction has been done. It is also a questionable question mark. Although the lower part of Yazılıkaya and the peasants used as a corral used to see this part of the Emre Lake is not that much of a distinction.
Our facility is very close to historical sites. You can visit places such as Frig Valley, Emre Lake, Imaret Mosque, Karahisar Castle. With its historical, natural and cultural texture, the Phrygian Valley, Hellenistic, Roman and Byzantine churches, rock carved tombs, fairy chimneys and rock carvings are waiting for you. The latest development in the region; Balloon tours started in the Phrygian Valley.
Afyon İhsaniye District Kayıhan Beldesi It is located in the Göynüş valley and is located in the west of the Aslantaş monument. On the front side of the monument, there are two snake reliefs on each side of the monument and on the two sides of the door, it is referred to as Yılantaş because of the two warriors wrapped around the serpent, but this part of the Yılanlıtaş Monument, which was disintegrated due to the vibrations in the past, is not seen because it is under the rotating rock. On the outside, the head of a lion relief and a foot relief are seen. Monument It's supposed to have been built in 700.
It is approximately 500 meters from the Aslantaş and Yılantaş monuments in Kayıhan District of Afyon İhsaniye District. The monument of Matilik, buried in the ground, is a Phrygian monument dating back to the 12th century BC. A wide doorway has been opened to the east face of the rock and it is seen on a wooden house with a triangular roof. B.C. It is thought to have been built in the 7th century. During the excavations carried out by the French Institute of French Archeology in 1938, the plans of the monument were excavated. Behind the monument, there are wells and covers and an altar. It is thought that the gifts presented to the goddess Kybele in this well are hidden.
It is located in the area where the rocks extending from the coast of Emre Lake in Dözer Town of İhsaniye District to Üçlerkayası Village.
The second Kapıkaya Monument is a wooden temple analogy made by cutting the western side of a melted rock. Since the structure of the rock was loose, the upper section of the triangular roof was melted and a standing niche of the goddess Kübele was built inside a niche opened on the front side. B.C. In front of this monument, which is thought to have been built in the 7th century, there is a shelf for ceremonies thought to have been organized for the goddess Kübele during the Phrygian period.
Afyon is located on the road leading from the village of Dikğer to Ihsaniye District. The facade and sides of a single piece of rock were cut and a plain and triangular roofed facade was built. There is a standing goddess relief within the niche in the lower center of the façade. Below the relief is a four-step staircase. Monument It is thought to have been built in the 7th century.
The expansion borders of the Phrygian kingdom of Phrygia and Phrygia are called the Phrygian Valley, which contains historical ruins and ancient artifacts that have spread from the region of Afyon, Eskişehir and Kütahya. Within the boundaries of the province, starting from the new Bosnian village in the distance to the center, the village of Ovacik in the distance away from Kütahya, the area extending east of the province; The northern section of Sabuncupınar, Söğüt, İnli, Sökmen, Fındık and İncik caves and the further south, Ovacık village, cover the neighborhood of İnlice and its surroundings. Afyon starts from İscehisar and crosses the borders of Eskişehir and extends to Ankara. In the east of Kütahya, the Phrygian plateaus, which are covered with tuffs of an old volcano; B.C. He was inhabited by the Phrygians between 900-600. The fact that the volcanic tuff is an easy-to-process rock made it possible for Figler to use them for various purposes by carving and chipping. Open air temples, altars and rock tombs dedicated to the mother goddess Kybele from that period and many structures for defense and shelter have survived. After that, the churches and chapels in the region where Roman and Byzantine settled, can still be selected with the cross-painted crosses, meander motifs, text and fresco traces. There are natural castles called doğal Deliktaş Castle ’esi and taş Penteser Castle doğal by the Phrygians and Byzantines. This large valley is also seen in the Frig Valley which is the same as the formation of Cappadocia Fairy Chimneys. You will witness the experiences of thousands of years ago and admire the natural beauty and rock formations.
It is known that the town of Ayazini, which has been reached by a further 4.7 km to the right from the 27th km of the Afyon-Eskişehir highway, has been used as a settlement since the Phrygians. Roman and Byzantine periods of family and single rock burial chambers, Byzantine churches and rock settlements are carved due to the fact that the land is suitable for such a settlement. There are lion burial chambers, burial chambers and works such as carved churches inside and outside. One of these churches is Ayazini Church. The Ayazini Church is an important historical worship place carved into the rock in steep cliffs. Ayazini Church, which is unknown at the time and by whom it was built, has an important feature due to its carved and apses carved on the rock and it is similar to the monasteries built in 1000s from the architectural point of view.
Avdalas Castle, located in Ayazini Town of Afyon, Ihsaniye District, is 10 km away from Gazlıgöl Hot Spring, a very easy to reach historical ruin. It was used as a settlement.
Afyon Ihsaniye District 3-4 kilometers from Döğer Town, is a monument worth seeing on the shore of Lake Emre. About 1 km long, this rocky geological structure is a tuff. Since the middle layer is very worn, large parts are broken and stratification is seen clearly in some parts. It is a monument overlooking the east on the large block at the end of the natural rock near the lake. Also known as the Open Air Temple, this monument is known as Aslankaya due to the relief of a giant lion built on its side surface.
The southern façade of the rock has a triangular roof with a vertical cut and two sphinxes (human headed winged lions) in the beams of the triangular roof. On the main facade, it is decorated with geometric patterned reliefs in the niche. The Aslankaya Monument is one of the most well-known monuments of the Phrygians. For this reason, it is a monument that attracts the most attention of local and foreign tourists. Monument It is thought to have been built in the 7th century.